How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath: Those who suffer from bad breath know how embarrassing it can be and how tough it is to deal with and all of them must be trying out various ways to get rid of this terrible problem.
First let us see what bad breath is
Bad breath is a common name for a medical condition known as halitosis and is actually a very common problem that occurs due to various causes.
Bad breath is really not a disease in itself, it is a symptom indicating that there is a disease somewhere inside or away from the mouth that needs to be treated.
Bad breath could be caused mainly due to inadequate oral hygiene, dry mouth, certain health conditions and also certain foods can cause this problem.
So, as soon as you notice your breath smelling bad you need to first of all embrace good oral hygiene and if it still continues you will have to visit your dentist or your physician to find out what is causing bad breath and go about looking for a proper solution on How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath.
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath: Common causes and remedies
Bad breath is mostly caused due to a bacteria living in the mouth which gets putrefied if the mouth is left unclean and hence can be improved by following good oral hygiene and proper brushing of teeth; this is the first remedy if you wish to know how to get rid of bad breath.
Bad breath is also due to anaerobic bacteria that invades the coating built on tongue, teeth and nasal passages, more on the accumulation on the back of the tongue; cleaning and scrubbing your tongue could really be of help here.
Medical condition such as sinus infection is another of the reason for bad breath which occurs due to the nasal discharge from sinuses getting to the back of the throat building up a bad odour in the mouth. Sinus related bad breath can be eliminated by getting treated for clearing the sinus passages.
Dry mouth or xerostomia occurs when the saliva flow decreases causing bad breath; you can get rid of this by keeping the mouth moist.
Breakdown of foods such as garlic and onion in the body are also known to cause bad breath.
Everyone experiences from bad breath, especially right after waking up in the morning. The cause of the foul smell is bacteria that multiply while you were sleeping, and there is no saliva to wash it away. But once you brushed your teeth and flossed, the smell goes away. But there are people suffering from persistent bad breath throughout the day. They want to know how to get rid of bad breath quickly. Below are some of the steps that can make your mouth clean and fresh.
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath: Steps
Brush and Floss More Often
Plaque is a major cause of bad breath. The sticky buildup on the teeth accumulates bacteria throughout the day. Trapped food can also add to the problem. One of the ways on how to get rid of bad breath fast is to brush your teeth at least twice daily. You should also floss at least once each day. You can brush it a little more often than the required frequency but keep in mind that brushing too hard can wear down the teeth and make them more susceptible to decay.
Clean the Tongue
Another recommended way of how to get rid of bad breath naturally is to clean your tongue. Brushing the teeth is not enough to combat bad breath. The tongue is covered with grooves and bumps that can collect bacteria. By removing the bacteria resting on the tongue, you will be able to reduce your bad breath. You should brush your tongue from the back to the front, and rinse the brush in between strokes.
Monitor What You Eat
How to get rid of bad breath permanently is not easy. But you can do so by eating the right type of food. Fresh, crisp foods clean the teeth naturally. Vegetables and fruits such as lettuce, pears, cucumber, carrots, and apples will not only leave the teeth clean; they also have antioxidants that helps improve one’s dental and overall health.
You should also consider controlling your sugar intake. The bacteria in the mouth can ferment sugar that can result in bad breath. You might think that chewing gums and mints can help solve the problem, but they might aggravate the problem especially if you prefer the sugary variety. If you want to get rid of bad smell from the mouth, cut down on your sugar consumption.
If you want to know how to get rid of bad breath naturally, then chew parsley. You don’t need to bring parsley when you are eating out with your friends or while on a date. More often than not your dinner comes with a parsley garnish. Chew on it to have fresher breath.
How to get rid of bad breath: The Natural way
Though you have a wide variety of mouth fresheners available in the market how about trying out some real good natural breath fresheners readily available in your kitchen that can eliminate bad breath the natural way?
Some of the most common of them are given here for you to try and see how effective they can be.
- Mint: leaves is one of the best breath fresheners that is available easily to you; they are not only great for garnishing but with their strong smell and cooling effect they can instantly drive away your bad breath. You can either chew them raw or add them to your tea for a refreshing cup of mint tea.
- Clove: is another natural remedy to drive out bad breath; though used in cooking for its aromatic flavour and in medicines for alleviating toothache it is used in toothpastes and mouthwashes too since it is a good breath deodorizer. They are rich in antibacterial eugenol and can be chewed directly too.
- Cinnamon: sure is a great spice to add to your food; since it has antibacterial properties it helps to reduce bad breath. You can chew it direct, add to a cup of tea or boil a few pieces in water and use as a mouthwash to reduce bad breath.
- Cardamom: has a sweet aromatic flavour and great to be added while cooking especially sweet dishes. These little seed are so full of a sweet flavour that they can sweeten your breath too; just chew on one and see the difference in your breath.
- Citrusy Fruits: like lime and orange are tangy and can help stimulate the salivary glands to produce more saliva. This saliva neutralizes the acids in the mouth and also help remove the dead cells and food particles stuck in the mouth thus reducing bad breath.
- Coriander Seed: is another condiment that can mask strong food odours such as garlic and onion. Roasted coriander seeds with a bit of salt can be chewed; it acts as an excellent mouth freshener. Chewing fresh coriander leaves after a meal avoids developing of bad odours in the mouth.
- Fennel Seeds: work as excellent mouth fresheners too and are as a routine chewed after meals to help in digesting the food apart from making the mouth feel fresh. This also helps to increase the production of saliva and help to fight the germs that are responsible for causing bad breath. Apart from this they help reduce acid reflux and burping too.
- Anise Seeds: are another popular ingredient that is used in desserts and for flavouring liquor. These seeds have a strong aroma and are antibacterial which makes them most effective as breath fresheners. You either munch on them or soak them in boiling water, cool, and use as a mouthwash.
- Parsley: contains chlorophyll that is imbibed with great quality of fighting germs. It serves as a wonderful breath freshener when eaten at the end of your meal. Oil derived from parsley is used as an ingredient in some of the breath fresheners and also in perfumes and soaps as a fragrance.
Bad breath is a real awful problem that many face today and though very common those who suffer from chronic bad breath are always thinking and searching on How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath and would give anything to find a proper solution to this very sensitive issue.
So now you have a lot of natural ingredients that can help you overcome the problem of bad breath you should worry no more but try them out and see which one works best for you; just forge ahead and beat this bad breath monster!